Students entering for the first time at Riverdale Academy shall present:
1. An official birth certificate
2. A record of immunization
3. An official Social Security card
4. A current report card form school last attended
5. Most recent standardized test scores
6. Proper withdrawal forms form previous school (showing the student left in good standing)
Upon arrival at Riverdale Academy, a prospective student must:
1. Report to the school principal and counselor
2. Report to the secretary to fill out necessary forms
3. Report back to the principal or counselor to be scheduled to attend class
4. Report to the school counselor for a brief orientation period
Any new student entering grades 9-12 after September 1 shall submit a chain of custody urine drug screen for non-prescribed or illegal substances. This is at the student’s expense and in a time period specified by the administrator.
If a student has failed two years and/or been expelled from another school, he/she will not be admitted. Also, if the student has had a discipline problem or has been suspended, the administrator will review and investigate his/her records to determine if the student can be admitted. Final approval is granted by the Board of Directors at the next board meeting.
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERING PRE-K, KINDERGARTEN, AND FIRST GRADE
The child must be 4 years old by September 30 to enter Pre-K.
The child must be 5 years old by September 30 to enter Kindergarten.
The child must be 6 years old by September 30 to enter first grade.