- Students will respect teachers, obey classroom rules, and cooperate with the teachers at all times.
- Students are expected to complete all class work and homework assignments.
- Students will not be out of the classroom during school hours without permission of the teacher.
- Students must have pride in the appearance of the school grounds and buildings and must place paper and other litter in the trash cans.
- Profane language is prohibited.
- Electrical items are fire hazards and are not permitted at school
- Students will walk to and from classes. Students are reminded to use sidewalks.
- Public display of affection is prohibited.
- Students who are suspended or expelled from school shall not be on school property during the time of suspension.
- Street shoes are not appropriate for the gym floor.
- Students will not be excused to speak to students in other classes
- Beepers and lasers are not allowed.
- Hand held recorder use for lectures is permitted at the discretion of the teacher.
- The school bus in considered a part of Riverdale’s campus regardless of where the bus is located and discipline will be enforced accordingly.
- No gum will be allowed on school campus.
When a student exhibits undesirable behavior which is detrimental to the best interest of the individual or the school community, school personnel have the responsibility to take appropriate course of action best suited to the individual student.
When a student is suspended, a written notice of suspension and reason thereof shall be given to the parents of the student. Students who are suspended may make up/turn in school work on the day they return to school but no later.
The Louisiana Revised Statute 17:416A provides that school principals may suspend from school, upon first offense, any pupil for three days who is guilty of:
- Willful disobedience.
- Disrespect to a teacher, principal, member or employee of the school board.
- Making an unfounded charge against anyone listed above.
- Using unchaste or profane language.
- Immoral or vicious practices.
- Conduct or habit injurious to his/her associates.
- Using tobacco, alcoholic beverages, any controlled dangerous substances governed by the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substance law in any form in the school building, or any property belonging to the school.
- Disturbing the school and habitually violating the rules.
- Cutting, defacing or damaging any part of the school building or any property belonging to the building/school.
- Writing profane language or drawing obscene pictures in or on any school material or on any school premise.
- Carrying firearms, knives or other implements which can be used as weapons.
- Instigating or participating in fights while at school or during any school function.
- Leaving the school premises without permission.
- Habitual tardiness or absenteeism.
- Disobedience of school bus rules.
- Throwing missiles on the school grounds.
Expulsion and/or Indefinite Suspension
- Any student, after being suspended on one or more occasions for breaking a school rule during the same school session, may be indefinitely suspended or expelled from the school wherein he/she resides until the beginning of the next regular school session. The exception to this rule is if a student brings narcotics or mood-altering drugs on campus or has possession of narcotics or mood-altering, he/she may be indefinitely suspended on the first offense.
- Any student convicted of a felony or incarcerated for having committed a criminal act shall be expelled from school with a majority vote of the Board.
- The board of Directors may review any cases of indefinite suspension or expulsion if they so choose.